Program Specialist,Oncology Patient Access
Plan, coordinate and participate in the establishment and operation of specialized programs or projects. Develop, coordinate and advise on policies related to specified activities.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in the implementation of activities including, but not limited to, seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses, clubs, shows, public events and other related programs.
- Develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes.
- Coordinate all program logistics, materials and resources.
- Provide administrative assistance to departmental staff within assigned areas to support the accomplishment of program objectives.
- Develop, coordinate and advise staff regarding relevant policy.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned programs to include developing, implementing, and supervising related procedures, processes, services and systems.
- Train employees in proper methods and procedures and ensure correctness of work.
- Advise supervisor as to the status of current activities and additional or expanded program requirements.
- Make recommendations for solutions to problems identified.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Coordinate and/or participate in public relations activities to include preparing and supervising the production of brochures, bulletins, newsletters and other promotional materials and/or publications, preparing press releases, designing ads and fliers, and responding to inquiries.
- Develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials.
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives.
- Interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized. Assist in the preparation of budgets and grants.
- Monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate.
- Prepare reports and conduct preliminary analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends. Provide input into appropriate program recommendations or conclusions.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number: 401512063
Duke Entity: DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code: 4125 PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: D2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Education / Experience
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program with one year of experience in program administration or event production. -OR- Two years of post secondary education with three years of experience in program administration or event production. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req: ID106300BR