Clinical Dietitian at Duke Integrative Medicine at 0.75 FTE. Ideal candidate will have completed advanced trainings in integrative and functional nutrition therapy provided by credentialed providers, and have interest and experience in integrative modalities that may include body/mind practices or trainings. Candidate should understand and be able to instruct clients in the culinary applications of elimination diets. Master’s degree preferred.
General Description of the Job
Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment,care planning, monitoring,education and counseling of outpatients in a variety of settings. Perform duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO, and other licensing, accrediting,and regulatory agencies.
Function in a supervisory role as a team leader in addition to the duties and responsibilities of Level I. Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the patient's medical goals.
- Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of outpatients using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Identify and provide age-specific and culturally appropriate nutrition counseling to meet the needs of the patients and their families.
- Develop,review, update and implement educational materials to meet the needs of patients and professionals.
- Write order for diet,supplement, enteral/parenteral nutrition and laboratory data per hospital policy.
- Function as an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain registered dietitian (RD) status including continuing professional education per the Professional Development Portfolio.
- Precept dietetic interns and provide on the job training for newly hired clinical staff.
- Supervise daily work of dietetic technicians,registered; provide input into evaluation but doesn't directly evaluate their performance.
- Comply with Nutrition Services meeting and attendance standards.
- Perform all the duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Complete monthly performance improvement reports.
- Assist the department director in reviewing and updating department policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate the work schedule and daily work load of the clinical dietitians and dietetic interns
- Other duties assigned by the department director
Requisition Number 401513170
Duke Entity DUKE NON-HOSPITAL OPERATIONS
Job Code 5034 CLINICAL DIETITIAN
Job Family Level E2
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics,Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparable major. Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.Level II Same as Level I
Level I One year in an acute care environment preferred; experience may be waived for specific positions.Level II Two years in an acute care environment with one year supervisory experience preferred;experience may be waived for specific positions.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Level I Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire. Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition; proviso for license-eligible dietitians as above Level II Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition Or equivalent combination of experience and education
Auto req ID