Associate Clinical Director,Network Service
Duke Network Services, an integral part of the Duke University Health System, transforms health care locally, regionally and nationally with affiliations throughout the eastern United States. Network Services support a wide range of community-based specialty and hospital affiliations, linking them with the renowned expertise of Duke Health through innovative programs that promote evidence-based medicine, improve community health and facilitate access to research. This position supports the program objectives and initiatives led by the Assistant Vice President of Duke Network Services, Telestroke. The successful candidate can expect a highly professional administrative experience, based within Duke Health’s mission and values.
DIVISIONAL PURPOSE: To provide consultative support and management for Duke Subspecialty Affiliations and Duke Telestroke Network that improve the care delivered in a community setting
Scope of Responsibility:
The Associate Clinical Director is responsible for supporting and advancing the mission and priorities of Duke Subspecialty Affiliations and Duke Telestroke Network:
- Assuring community access to high quality subspecialty, neuroscience and stroke care
- Promoting Duke Health presence in and outside of North Carolina
- Assisting Duke affiliated subspecialty programs and Duke Telestroke Network to develop and/or enhance clinical programs and promote optimum patient safety and clinical quality processes and outcomes
Duke Telestroke Network Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of clinical systems designed to support the care of stroke patients presenting to affiliated(Spoke) Hospitals
- Develop and execute baseline and targeted stroke clinical program site assessments
- Serve as the clinical liaison for the Duke Telestroke Network for all Spoke Hospitals
- Participate or lead in the creation of Stroke Teams at each Spoke Hospital, ensuring representation by appropriate hospital departments and team members
- Assist hospital with organizing and leading regular Stroke Team meetings, providing suggestions on preparation and timing
- Create systems to monitor progress of hospital’s stroke program
- Create and manage site specific work plans
- Organize and manage regular Duke Telestroke Meetings on-site
- Work with each site to develop, analyze, and report on quality metrics
- Evaluate site utilization of telestroke services
- Evaluate and report on volume of telestroke calls, patient transfers, and other pertinent data
- Assist site in maximizing appropriate retention of stroke patients
- Assist site with quality improvement initiatives
- Ensure Duke Faculty obtain and maintain appropriate state licensure and credentialing at Spoke Hospitals
- Serve as a superuser/expert on telemedicine platform(s)
- Understand contract details and assist with compliance
Duke Subspecialty Affiliations Responsibilities
- Provide program management and oversite for Duke Subspecialty clients including individualized support to sites based on contractual deliverables, needs assessment, and program development plans. In collaboration with the Director, responsibilities include:
- Planning and operational support example duties:
- Develop and execute action plans
- Develop baseline assessments
- Facilitate meeting preparation and management
- Establish time targets to ensure work is progressing as planned
- Take corrective action to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with facility design process, often in collaboration with other external consultants, especially architectural firms
Education and Training
- Evaluate education and training needs of telestroke and subspecialty affiliates
- Assist with the development and delivery of education for healthcare professionals on topics related to acute stroke care, neuroscience care, and subspecialty clinical areas
- Coordinate on-site visits to Duke for observation as appropriate
- Assist with the planning and implementation of continuing education programs for Telestroke and Subspecialty clients
- Advise in the provision of community educational events, in collaboration with Telestroke and Subspecialty clients
- Additional Duties of Importance:
- Fiscal Management
- Teamwork and Communication
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Health Care or Nursing is strongly preferred with current NC Licensure as a Registered Nurse, preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years clinical experience with neuroscience patients (stroke care experience preferred)
- Experience in project development and management
- Data collection and/or outcomes research experience preferred
- Extensive regional travel required (NC, Southern VA). Ability to travel beyond region to additional hospitals, if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, energetic, passionate, and adaptable regarding programs with the highest of integrity and ethics
- Ability to develop greater expertise within the applicable departmental leadership team and staff
- Proven success in developing, implementing and managing programs and/or initiatives that differentiate programs in service, quality and effectiveness.
- Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting and efficient use of time
- Ability to report, develop and execute effective action plans addressing clinical and/or operational issues communicated by client administrators, physicians or staff
- Effective facilitation and consensus-building skills, leading program development and strategy implementation
- Sensitivity for and understanding of clinical disciplines and issues.
- Recognition of the value of a diverse, interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively professionally represent Duke Health to external constituents
- Ability to work with all types of individuals in multiple settings and locations and to promote diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in team development and motivation
- Knowledge of current leadership, management and process improvement concepts
- Knowledge of and ability to develop strategies to apply current theoretical approaches to the delivery of patient care and an understanding of how to achieve results
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communications to diverse audiences
- Computer and IT skills-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Web/Netscape, tele health technology, AV technology
Requisition Number: 401513245
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 5202 ASSOC ADMIN SR, MC BUS DEV/MKT
Job Family Level: H2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
Work requires four years related business or administrative experience in hospital or group practice operations, management, planning, managed care contracting or project management.
A master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration,or Public Policy may be substituted for two years experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Master’s Degree in Health Care or Nursing is strongly preferred with current NC Licensure as a Registered Nurse, preferred.
Auto req : ID106432BR