Perform all levels of work in the installation of (HVAC) systems and equipment within Duke Hospital, Clinic facilities, Research facilities and outlying building in accordance with pertinent local, state, and federal codes and regulatory requirements.
- Repair and/or replace HVAC systems and equipment to include, but not limited to, chillers, cooling towers, direct expansion systems, electric blast coils, immersion coil pumps, fans, starters, pneumatic and electric controls, electrostatic filters, RTU’s, AHU’s, Duct, condensers, and other various HVAC equipment and systems.
- Complete required documentation to include, but not limited to, work order forms, order forms, use computer software as applicable to construction activities plus various employee training, payroll and compliance requirements. Install HVAC systems by interpreting blueprints, manufacturer specifications, written and verbal instructions.
- Make initial settings and final adjustments of HVAC systems and modifying existing installations to obtain required results.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Hiring Preferences: HS graduate or equivalent with minimum of 4 years HVAC experience to include installation, maintenance and repair work.
Requisition Number: 401513450
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 609 HVAC MECHANIC, SENIOR
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background normally equivalent to high school with course work in skilled crafts.
Work requires 4 years of broad based experience in: Changing small refrigeration appliances, changing compressors, helts and valves; and adjusting and calibrating temperature and humidity controls. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106479BR