Administrative Specialist,Network Service
Duke Network Services, an integral part of the Duke University Health System, transforms health care locally, regionally and nationally with affiliations throughout the eastern United States. Network Services support a wide range of community-based specialty and hospital affiliations, linking them with the renowned expertise of Duke Health through innovative programs that promote evidence-based medicine, improve community health and facilitate access to research. This position supports the program objectives and initiatives led by the Vice President of Duke Network Services. The successful candidate can expect a highly professional administrative experience, based within Duke Health’s mission and values.
The Administrative Specialist manages multiple projects that have significant impact related to Duke Health affiliate sites. Supporting the Vice President, Network Services the Administrative Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating and participating in the establishment and operation of specialized programs or projects to support the goals of the Network Services and Duke/Life Point. The Administrative Specialist will support the Network Services’ Vice President in all aspects of:
- Managing the executive’s demanding calendar, corresponding on behalf of the VP with C-suite leaders and offices internal and external to Duke, ensuring meeting materials are prepared in advance and are distributed appropriately.
- Providing for the effective and efficient administration of department-wide projects, providing quality customer service to internal and external customers. The Administrative Specialist will include the maintenance of timelines, schedules, and significant communication with offices of DUHS executive leadership, DUHS medical staff and key affiliate site representatives.
- Representing Duke Network Services Vice President, plan, coordinate and administer meeting arrangements and content. Activities include developing attendees list, scheduling, confirmation of arrangements, arranging travel, preparing supporting materials, developing itineraries, preparing agendas and conducting post-meeting activities (minutes, follow-up, etc).
- Prepare and amend PowerPoint presentations using highly technical and confidential content generated by self and/or others
- Maintain liaison with referring executive offices and staff and the offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations, as appropriate, to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Direct involvement in development and maintenance of affiliated programs by supporting communication with hospital leadership and medical staff (both internal and external), coordination of high priority meetings with internal as well as external personnel; prioritization of high level topics on a daily basis and be significant team member in the execution of new acquisitions for Network Services.
- Maintain multiple, complex and demanding calendars for Vice President which may include other Network Services departments and calendars for other staff related to Network Services, ensuring critical meetings are scheduled and business objectives are met.
- Reconcile Travel and Reimbursement to appropriate cost center in accordance with policies and established timelines
- Manage Network Services mobile device needs through Verizon Wireless and AT&T.
- Manage Brivo Air keypad accesses as employees on board or depart, and as external groups hold meetings in the Training room space.
- Act as a liaison between the department and external groups. Serve as the principle source of information for visitors/guests.
- Frequently, the administrative specialist will coordinate Duke affiliate site candidates interview visits (including itinerary, travel and accommodation) to Duke and processing of their expenses.
COORDINATION OF CONFERENCES, PRESENTATIONS OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES AND TRAVEL
- Determine Vice President’s needs for conferences, public events and other related
- Proactively and independently implement methods to assure program success, using strategies such as confirming conferences and travel arrangements week of the conference
- Arrange transportation to and from Affiliate and Joint Venture events, meetings and other sponsored activities for the Vice President other Network Staff
- Initiate agenda, rosters, and arrange travel for monthly and quarterly Network meetings, DLP JV and Executive Board meetings.
- Responsible for scheduling all travel logistics (flight/hotel/car) related to business meetings. This will include protocols and arrangements for chartered flights.
- Responsible for managing Vice President’s busy calendar, as well as coordinating with internal and external constituents calendar events for Duke Lifepoint, and other Network Services divisions.
- Provide administrative assistance role for Network Services administration to support the accomplishment of program objectives
- Coordinate mail, telephones, faxes, copies, etc.
- Maintain files and filing, including sensitive and confidential information.
- Routinely provide leadership and direction to lower-level co-workers. May provide input to the performance appraisal process and hiring and firing of lower level staff.
- Assist with screening applications and conducting initial interviews of entry-level staff as needed. Orient and train entry-level staff, and oversee administrative staff in a variety of administrative task.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein
- Advanced experience in meeting/appointments scheduling involving many individuals, including external parties
- Ability to coordinate extensive travel and conference arrangements
- Excel in performing multiple projects simultaneously while re-prioritizing them, as necessary
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in an environment of changing priorities on a daily basis
- Understanding of HIPPA regulations and high level of integrity working with patients
- Must be self-directed, demonstrate initiative and understanding of priorities
- Ability to work independently as necessary
- Ability to type and proof-read correspondence, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness
- PC proficiency in numerous software packages to effectively manage work such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate pro-active skills to utilize the internet, video conferencing and other resources within and beyond Duke, as necessary, in order to complete tasks and support business needs
- Requires exceptional organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and cooperation of peers
- Requires proficiency on SAP and confidential electronic medical records programs.
Requisition Number: 401511388
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 4556 ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: D2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- High school education or equivalent with five years of administrative support experience of increasing variety, complexity and demonstration of work leadership.
- Two years post secondary education with three years of experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req: ID106254BR