Food Service Worker
The leaders and best in food service have opportunities available for Temporary Food Service Personnel to join our team. Position openings are for ALL shifts. Food Service Personnel are expected to provide world class customer service to UMHS patients, visitors and their coworkers while maintaining the highest quality standards for food safety and sanitation. These positions are ideal for individuals with an interest in hospitality careers as well as students because of the variation in shift availability. Although this position is temporary, many opportunities develop into permanent employment.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A RESUME
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
- Maintain clean and sanitize work area, including equipment, counters, and utensils while using safe food handling procedures.
- Assemble food items accurately on a patient tray according to printed tray ticket.
- Stock tray assembly line to ensure that food items are available as needed for patients, properly rotating products.
- Deliver patient meal trays according to departmental standards, including adhering to food safety regulations, infection control guidelines and Joint Commission regulations.
- Operate a dishmachine, including setting up and properly cleaning at end of shift, including using chemicals appropriately
- Clean juice machine and hot beverage machines.
- Take temperatures and complete temperature logs every 4 hours or as required.
- Label and date food items according to departmental and regulatory guidelines
- Perform ongoing verbal communication between coworkers and at shift crossover
- Be flexible with job tasks and job changes. This includes but is not limited to picking up additional duties when a coworker is absent.
- One year of continuous work experience in a food service operation
- Ability to rotate stock using First In First Out method, including identifying and discarding expired products.
- Experience performing physical job tasks safely. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, reaching, standing (up to 8 hours), and pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read English with comprehension, listen effectively, speak and write clearly, and accurately follow written instructions, including job routines, tray tickets, recipe directions, and precautions on chemical product labels
- Ability to perform world class customer service: demonstrating respect for coworkers, working effectively on a team, as well as working independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to utilize resources responsibly, recognize and minimize food waste.
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- Ability to use a computer to complete stock orders
- Excellent attendance history.
Work hours are flexible and range from 20-40 hours per week. All applicants must be willing to work holidays and weekends.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.