Medical Assistant Associate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Performs the job related expectations for this position. As Medical Assistant, this position organizationally reports to the Administrative Program Director (APD) of the Michigan Clinical Research Unit (MCRU).
- Provide exceptional customer service to the research subject, and research community by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow.
- Excel in patient intake, information gathering, data entry, and patient preparation for procedures. Assists in monitoring and recovering participants post research activities.
- Provides support to nurses, study coordinators, and principle investigators as needed with simple research procedures.
- Obtains vital signs, research participant history, preform EKGs, PIV insertion.
- Performs phlebotomy functions, specimen collection and laboratory processing.
- Assist with all related compliance functions; administer common medications per hospital and unit specific guidelines for assistive personnel
- Documents in the electronic medical record all services provided and additional information as needed per protocol requirements.
- Assists in the inventory and maintenance of equipment, ordering and stocking of supplies for participant care.
- Performs miscellaneous office and data entry functions related to research. Completes prep paperwork for the next day’s research participants.
- Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program.
- Recent demonstrated phlebotomy and IV skill sets.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in assignments and schedules.
- Previous experience with U of M software systems such as MiChart, Cadence, Outlook (email)
- Previous experience in a Research Environment
The position will require day and evening shifts as well as weekend rotations.
“Michigan Medicine values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of a positive and inclusive environment.”
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.