Human Resources Generalist
Michigan Medicine Human Resources Solutions Center (HRSC) is a customer service division of HR which provides the traditional work expected from Human Resources. We are seeking to hire a temporary Human Resources Generalist to support the Leave Management Team. A primary duty of this role will be case management and answering phones. This position offers an exciting opportunity to motivated candidates interested in gaining entry level experience in Human Resources. A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should be included as a page of your resume and specifically address your interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Coach, counsel and educate managers and employee's on Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Leave of Absences (LOA) and other paid and unpaid time off policies.
- Review FMLA documentation, ask clarifying questions, approve or deny FMLA requests, create and send corresponding confirmation or denial letter and other necessary communication.
- Review LOA documentation, ask clarifying questions. Process the initial and/or return to work paperwork in the HRRIS system. Create and send corresponding communication.
- Respond to incoming questions either via phone or documented in a case management system.
- Actively listen and ask probing questions to assist in answering/resolving issues.
- Escalate and triage questions to the appropriate HR Specialty team.
Other general HR duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Prior work experience in healthcare
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures, and systems at UMHS.
- Knowledge of M-Pathways (PeopleSoft) and reporting tools (e.g., Business Objects)
- Knowledge of process improvement and lean concepts
- Bachelor's Degree or HR Certification
Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
This position is located at the North Campus Administrative Complex. 2901 Hubbard Rd in Ann Arbor
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.