How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Psychiatry in the University of Michigan Medical School is seeking an experienced, positive, highly motivated, and organized software engineer to support to a growing research team. The software engineer will continue implementation of a web-based survey app in partnership with the TRAILS team, which aims to implement and evaluate a training model designed to increase utilization of evidence-based mental health practices among school and community-based professionals. This software engineer will work with the web project manager, UX/UI designers and a QA specialist to efficiently implement updates and ensure smooth operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, architecture, and development of new features
- Turning high fidelity designs and mockups into responsive web pages
- Debugging and refactoring existing code
- Contributing to a dynamic environment of collaboration including designers, product manager, and research team
- Writing clean, well-tested code
- Creating procedures to solve complex applications problems
- Leading project by being responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Having full technical knowledge of all phases of applications programming
- Assuming responsibility for QA review
- Directing and monitoring QA analyst and web designers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a realated field.
- 5+ years of experience working with modern web application development technologies including:
- Experience managing deployments using Amazon Web Services
- Front end development experience using React
- Knowledge of relational database design and use (PostgreSQL)
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with MongoDB
- Comfort translating business and design requirements into working, modern HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with agile development practices
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.