Cashier, The Athenaeum
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Athenaeum at Caltech is a very exciting and beautiful place to work, with its private club/country club environment and its upscale Hotel.
For more information on The Athenaeum, please visit The Athenaeum’s website https://www.athenaeumcaltech.com/
For Caltech information, please visit Caltech at a Glance: http://www.caltech.edu/content/caltech-glance
Reporting to the Finance Director, this position is responsible for collecting payment from patrons of the Athenaeum. At the end of each shift, there will be a reconciliation among the cash and credit card payments received, a payment transaction report, and a report of number of confirmed attendees.
Please note this is an on-call position.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, staff, and customers in a very professional manner
- Operate and maintain cash box and run credit card charges on terminal
- Ensure and collect payment from patrons and issue receipts
- Prepare and generate daily cash and credit card transaction reports
- Reconcile payment received to cash and credit card transaction reports
- Reconcile payment to listing of confirmed attendees to ensure all of the required funds were collected
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to organize paperwork and reconcile transactions
- Ability to solve both routine and semi-routine problems
- Proven experience working with money, counting and recording
- Previous experience in operating and maintaining cash box and running credit card charges on terminal