Head of Course/Senior Lecturer in Psychology
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Total Remuneration $134,262 to $154,395 pa (inclusive of 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
This is your opportunity to take part in developing a new and exciting course at one of Australia’s most inclusive and engaging universities!
Your New School:
The Department of Psychology and Public Health promotes an evidence based focus to the examination, understanding and enhancement of health and wellbeing within individuals, groups, organisations and communities. The Department is comprised of a team of diverse and innovative academics who are world class researchers and who are deeply engaged with the communities in which they live and work. Our undergraduate and postgraduate course offerings include accredited studies in psychology, clinical psychology and environmental health, and qualifications across a wide range of applied disciplines including positive psychology, applied forensic psychology, health promotion, and traumatic stress management.
Your New Role:
- As a Senior Lecturer, leading and participating in the delivery of foundation and profession-focussed units across multiple campuses. In addition, critically evaluating the operation of the teaching programme and communicating such evaluations to Dean of School, and acting as a unit coordinator through the regular initiation and development of unit material.
- For the first 3 years of your appointment, you will be responsible for the academic leadership and oversight of all aspects of the Traumatic Stress Management course, ensuring excellence in course design, development and delivery.
You Will Be:
- A self-motivated individual who strives to exceed expectations and encourages others to do the same.
- A student-focused professional who communicates complex technical information in a way that can be understood.
You Will Have:
- A PhD in a Psychology with a focus on Health or Organisational Psychology and/or Resilience and/or Psychological Wellbeing.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students and a proven ability to design and develop innovative teaching materials and subject curriculum.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and network effectively with industry and community partners and stakeholders.
- Proven research track record through recent published research outputs with the ability to contribute to research in the School.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32777
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday, 27 November 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.