International Student Adviser
- Fixed Term, Full Time (January 2020)
- Student Experience and Governance
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Salary $78,226 to $84,250 pa
Your New School/Division:
Student Experience is CQUniversity's one-stop shop for all student information, advice and support needs. Comprised of three teams (Student Admissions & Advice, Student Life & Wellbeing, and Student Communications), Student Experience’s staff are ready and able to support CQUniversity students across all campus locations (including distance education).
The International Student Support and MAP Team is part of the Student Life & Wellbeing Centre which is home to a range of specialist staff ranging from counsellors to careers experts to scholarship advisors. These advisors can be found at all CQUniversity campuses and study centres.
Your New Role:
- As the International Student Adviser you will work as part of the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre to coordinate structured support for international students across CQUniversity’s regional campuses and oversee pre-arrival and first term transition support for international students across the University footprint.
- Oversee effective international student support services across all regional campuses, from point of enrolment to graduation; identifying and assessing the specific needs of international students.
- Provide support, through individual or group consultation, to international students on a wide range of concerns including financial, accommodation, personal and administrative problems, and where appropriate referral to other support services, to improve transition to study and life in Australia and strengthen integration within CQUniversity and local communities.
- Assisting the University in meeting compliance requirements relevant to international students by implementing policies, procedures and government legislation
You Will Be:
- Excelling in situations involving different cultures/languages and responding well to the ambiguity of unfamiliar approaches.
- Working within carefully documented policies, procedures and other rules for doing business.
You Will Have:
- Understanding and sensitivity to the range of issues experienced by International students studying abroad. (essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire information related to student focussed University policies and processes as well as relevant legislative requirements such as DIAC and ESOS guidelines including visa conditions for International students. (essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the operation of Microsoft Office Software (email, spread sheeting, word processing), Web Browsers and Online Customer Relationship Management system. (essential)
- A degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. (essential)
- Well-developed oral, written, online and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of professional, social and cultural backgrounds. (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. (essential)
- Proven time management and problem solving skills with demonstrated initiative and ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in order to achieve set targets). (essential)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Internal applicants apply via ESSO.
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32773
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday, 13th November 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.