Statistical Scientist and Data Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $85,953 to $118,768 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (29.4 hours per week) and fixed term to 31 August 2019
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working in conjunction with the Work Package Lead and related stakeholders, the Statistical Scientist and Data Specialist is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of relevant customer profiles and behaviours in relation to a number of contextual factors.
This will include:
- Leading advanced quantitative analysis, surveys and presentation of data to key stakeholders.
- Designing practical measurement strategies and methodologies to meet the client’s product and business decision needs, taking into consideration the organisation’s customer experience.
- Executing, supporting, informing, and influencing research projects used throughout different data sources to drive product and company decisions.
- Delivering clear insights and recommendations to varied stakeholders.
- Postgraduate qualification in an advanced quantitative discipline (e.g. psychology, marketing, economics, statistics, computer science, engineering etc.).
- Proven experience in an advanced quantitative discipline (e.g. psychology, marketing, economics, statistics, computer science, engineering etc.) and experience working with large data sets and relational databases.
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard of data record keeping.
- Proven experience initiating and driving research projects to completion with minimal guidance
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Andrea Vocino Tel: +61 3 925 17408 Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Melbourne
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Other Research Related jobs in Melbourne
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Melbourne
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Melbourne
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Melbourne