Student Experience Officer, Clubs and Sports
- Join a dynamic team and support student leadership of social and sporting clubs
- SSAA 4 $58,600 - $65,457 + 17% Super
- Full-time, ongoing Hawthorn Campus
About the job
An exciting opportunity now exists for a highly motivated individual to join Swinburne Student Life in the position of Clubs & Sport Officer.
This role will provide best in class customer service to students and have a strong focus on how clubs contribute to the student experience. You will have a passion for mentoring student leaders and be able to empower student committees to grow and strengthen their clubs.
With over 50 social/hobbyist type clubs and 20 sporting groups, this role requires you to:
- Provide mentorship to our student leaders in navigating policy and procedure
- Develop training and skill building workshops for club committees
- Facilitate club administration i.e record keeping, compliance, reporting
- Inspire clubs to explore new opportunities for growth
- Build meaningful relationships with student leaders with diverse backgrounds and interests
In return for your experience and enthusiasm, you will be part of a collaborative team that invests heavily in your professional development and empowers you to do and be more.
- You have prior experience within student services with strong relationship building skills
- You naturally take a mentorship approach with your customers
- Working methodically through a project with measurable outcomes takes your fancy
- You speak fluent GenZ and you know what drives customers from diverse backgrounds
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information,, contact & Support
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the below Key Selection Criteria in 3 seperate documents.
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to contribute to the development of a positive and co-operative team environment
- Demonstrated relevant experience in mentoring or teaching
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project management with measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base, by;
- implementing new initiatives
- taking an innovative approach to customer service
- leveraging cross-functional collaboration
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact full name Floran Shirzad on email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5pm, Wednesday 14th November 2018