Business Development Manager, Curtin Institute for Computation
- 12 month fixed term, full time
- A competitive salary will be offered plus 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. Curtin University is a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Curtin Institute for Computation
The Curtin Institute for Computation (CIC) is Curtin's largest institute and brings together researchers across Curtin who use advanced computational techniques. The institute has over 100 academics and 70 PhD students from all four of Curtin's faculties. The institute is tasked with building collaborative, interdisciplinary research that apply computational methods across all disciplines to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Your new role
Your role is accountable for leading business development initiatives for the research institute. You will act as the key liaison officer between the Institute and external organisations in government, industry and professional bodies to facilitate the establishment of collaborative relationships and grow research incomes for the Institute.
Your role includes:
- Work closely with the CIC Director and the Lead Data Scientist to lead engagements with internal research groups and external partners and collaborators.
- Support the development of project management processes for CIC and play a key role in ensuring project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Lead / coordinate grant applications and large project proposals
- Develop business process for project management and administrate the project management software tool for the team (e.g. JIRA, Confluence etc…)
You will bring to this
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive experience in business development and industry engagement within a complex organisation; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and a successful record of accomplishment in securing and integrating funding support from industry, government and other organisations into collaborative ventures.
- Demonstrated project management experience in managing large academic and industry projects
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence others and a proven capacity to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level communication (written and oral) with the ability to engage and present information clearly and informatively to diverse audiences and prepare business cases.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting analytical research and providing reports on public documents to identify significant information.
A Postgraduate qualification in a science or engineering discipline, demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and management, and experience in a tertiary research environment or a large and complex organisation with a structured research environment would be advantageous
What we offer you
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5 pm, Tuesday 20 November 2018
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin University has a bold vision to be one of the leading institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. Curtin is now entering an exciting phase as it focuses on further building its research capacity, and improving its already strong reputation for innovation in learning and teaching.
Explore some more https://computation.curtin.edu.au/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Andrew Rohl, Director - Curtin Institute for Computation
Phone: 08 9266 3124
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.