Postdoctoral Fellow in International Ethics
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location - Canberra, ACT, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
Postdoctoral Fellow – International Ethics Research Group (IERG)
School of Humanities & Social Sciences (HASS)
International Ethics brings together International Relations, Political Theory and Moral Philosophy to address ethical questions in international politics. It is an increasingly prominent academic field of research, and one in which UNSW Canberra has unique strength. Our proximity to the military and government, the excellent support for this area by the Faculty, as well as our outstanding research record, and our Canberra-wide research network (including ANU and UC) means that UNSW Canberra is unrivalled in Australia as a place to pursue research in this field.
About the role
- Level A - $75,069-$100,090 plus 9.5% superannuation
- Fixed Term – 12 Months
- Full-time starting in February/March 2019
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a PhD in a relevant field (Politics/Political Science; International Relations; Philosophy) conferred by the time of commencement of the position and awarded no more than two years prior to the date of application.
- Have research experience directly related to a research area within the general theme of IERG.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will undertake a research project of his or her own in the broad area of ‘International Ethics’. (Please see the website for the IERG’s main focus areas: https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/school-of-humanities-and-social-sciences/international-ethics-research-group.)
- A research proposal and proposed outputs for an independent project in the area of International Ethics, which can be completed in a period of 12 months alongside any collaborative work undertaken with members of the IERG - A reasonable aim for outputs might be, for example, submission of two journal articles for peer review. (Two page maximum)
- A document systematically addressing the Selection Criteria, that is within the PD (One page maximum)
- An up to date CV
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Peter Balint
T: (61 2) 6268 8239
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), 30th November 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
Any questions about the application process - please email firstname.lastname@example.org