Web Operations Manager, Marketing
Job Code: 4893
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and taking care of what needs to be done. You have the courage to ask questions, share new ideas, and try new ways of working. You value making an impact by helping others become more effective at their jobs. And you thrive on collaborating with others and bringing together diverse viewpoints to make processes better and to achieve our business goals.
You make sure that your projects always run well, you love technology, and you thrive on learning new things.
- You build trusting, successful relationships with stakeholders through strong communication skills and personal accountability.
- You can motivate and energize team members to deliver great work.
- You pay attention to details and know how to keep track of multiple priorities, getting them done successfully in collaboration with a group of other talented people.
- You are highly productive, and able to focus on the tasks at hand to get things done yourself. • You like to zoom out sometimes and think about the larger picture of how you work.
- You never rest on your laurels and instead look forward to improving the next time around.
Under the guidance of management, participates in the development and implementation of web-based marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Vendor management. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Work within a team to define project audience, objectives, and requirements for website and other digital projects. Recommend and execute on web strategies to meet these business objectives.
- Create, execute, monitor, and complete project plans to meet business objectives for website features and functionality.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with team members, website authors, and internal stakeholders, as well as vendor partners.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform website administration tasks and maintenance.
- Build web pages, test new features, and collaborate with designers and developers to implement website enhancements and fixes. Find, diagnose, and fix content problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies. Ensure page layouts, content priority, navigation, and design is consistent across the website.
- Conduct website audits and competitive benchmarking, and analyze site performance to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess and track industry and technology trends. Recommend website enhancements and improvements based on findings.
- Coordinate and oversee the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators, such as writers and web designers.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Maintain training materials, process documentation, and the website catalog; provide web author training.
- Partner with other marketing staff on editorial, process, and single- or multichannel projects as needed.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and knowledge of CSS3 is strongly preferred. Familiarity with photo manipulation and optimization tools preferred.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.