Brand/Product Analyst Senior
The primary responsibility of the Brand/Product Analyst Senior is the creation, implementation, and measurement of marketing strategies and programs for assigned clinical and administrative customers in alignment with institutional priorities and objectives.
This position will provide the marketing support necessary to meet the objectives of the Michigan Medicine Strategic Plan. This role, in particular, will focus on marketing strategy for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, consistently named one of the nation’s top children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
In addition to traditional marketing capabilities, experience directing digital marketing strategies, including social media, digital search and digital advertising is required. Candidates should have a proven track record of engaging customers to develop needs-based strategies, and developing marketing plans that drive engagement across a range of platforms and channels.
Marketing Strategy (40%)
Under direct supervision of Director of Marketing, develop, plan, execute and evaluate marketing and brand-building strategies for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Collaborate with public relations, social media and web teams to support the goals of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
Project Management (50%)
Prepare project briefs; prepare and manage project timelines and budget reports; perform other project management duties; prepare and distribute project updates, etc. Fulfill the primary account management role between Department of Communication and the pediatric clinical areas, as well as C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital administration.
Vendor Relationships (10%)
Manage and direct the work of vendor partners involved in marketing and communications initiatives for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. This includes but is not limited to managing graphic designers, print production, fulfillment, video production, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience developing and implementing creative marketing/ communications plans.
- Possesses a deep understanding of marketing strategy; understands and has employed a variety of concepts and tactics to design, launch and measure successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable understanding of the design, application and measurement of digital communications strategies including social media and analytics.
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and trends in digital and social media and online communities and the ability to translate this into actionable recommendations.
- Understanding of the role of data in developing sound marketing strategy including a proven ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; recognizes the importance of communication in successfully managing client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in client service or account management with a focus on responsiveness, listening, and problem solving.
- Superb work ethic, with a drive to exceed expectations, and a commitment to personal accountability and ownership.
- Experience and evidence of success in a fast-paced, service-oriented and cross-functional team-based environment, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven relationship-building and organizational skills; as well as excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization with diverse stakeholders.
- Able to work with minimum supervision to set priorities and meet goals.
- Must possess a strong, confident and consultive approach to client management; must be able to inspire confidence in your customers.
- Agency and/or health care marketing experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of and experience with search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, platforms, and best practices.
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidates education and experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.