Customer Service Assistant
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center (KECC) carries out research in epidemiology, public policy, economics, outcomes research relating to End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), chronic kidney disease, kidney dialysis, and organ transplantation. KECC prepares extensive facility-specific reports for the 7000 dialysis facilities in the U.S., and maintains a website to distribute these reports. This position will provide helpdesk support to staff at individual dialysis facilities and other users of the dialysisdata.org website. This includes responding to inquiries received through phone, email, and an online ticketing system, using a computer system to track questions and answers, responding to inquiries requiring a written response with the use of standard or form letters. This position will be 20 - 30 hours per week with the opportunity for additional hours in certain busy time periods.
- Communicate (via phone and email) information with members of the public.
- Prepare documentation of measures development and other tasks, as necessary.
- Take meeting minutes, produce summary documents and distribute them to stakeholders.
- High School Diploma with 2-5 years related experience.
- Excellent computing skills in the Windows environment, particularly with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently while meeting deadlines in a multitasking environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Footprints.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new computer programs quickly and effectively.
- Prior research experience.
Michigan Public Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic staff leader/member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.