How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Perform routine and periodontal prophylaxis for patients in a Dental Faculty practice
- Perform other services as indicated by patient needs
- Advise and instruct patient on appropriate oral health care
- Expose, develop and mount X-rays
- Other duties as needed to perform the duties of a hygienist
- Help in other areas of the practice as time and schedule allow
- Display excellent customer service, phone etiquette, and attitude to patients, faculty and staff
- Explain information clearly to patients, faculty and staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Work as a team player, either helping or receiving help from other coworkers with the objective to expedite patient care
- Have ability to work effectively with management, administration, faculty, peers, co-workers, and patients
- Exhibit a professional and positive image during all interactions
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work
- Help maintain open communication
- Report any issues to the practice manager or Director so they may be addressed promptly
Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program. A current hygiene license to practice in the State of Michigan. Licensed in administration of Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia. Current CPR Certification. Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office. Experience wth EHR. Excellent communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent ability to multi task. Excellent attendance record. Excellent customer service skills.
Two or more years of experience Dental experience.
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N University Ave.
This is a 80% or 32 hours per week appointment with the potential of being 100% based on experience and the needs of the practice. The prorated 80% appointment salary range is $41,600-$49,600.00
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery. MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.