Polymer Scientist, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships Associate
Engineering & Applied Science
Salary: £32,000 depending on your experience plus personal development budget of £2K p.a
Contract Type: Fixed Term (24 months)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Wednesday 28 November 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a PhD, or equivalent experience in a relevant role, to develop an advanced polymeric material, primarily for the gas pipe industry. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
You will have a background in polymer science, particularly polymer chemistry, or a related subject area. Broad experience in the coatings industry would be an advantage. Due to the complexity of the project, the Associate will require a PhD or equivalent experience, so that they have the necessary skills in research methodology and an analytical approach to problem solving. Key attributes;
- Ability to design research based on user needs and incorporating customer inputs, based on fundamental principles from the scientific literature.
- Experience with materials testing and extensive knowledge of material characterisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills to take project ownership and achieve agreed objectives.
- Self motivated, with the ability to work either solo or as part of multiple teams.
- Fit in with the organisational culture and present a positive image of the company to clients.
You will work in a project team based in Aston Institute of Materials Research (AIMR), who undertake cutting-edge multidisciplinary materials-based research with real impact.
Please visit our website http://www.aston.ac.uk/jobs for further information or email quoting reference number: R180472