Postdoctoral Researcher (Nonlinear Optics of Metal-Organic Frameworks)
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (NONLINEAR OPTICS OF METAL-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS)
Job Category: Research
Academic disciplines : Physics & Astronomy, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
ITMO University's International Research Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, headed by Prof. Pavel Belov, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher.
The Center conducts research in the following fields:
- dielectric and quantum nanophotonics;
- topological photonics
- optical and microwave metamaterials and metasurfaces;
- meta-devices for MRI;
- wireless power transmission;
We cooperate with many renowned universities worldwide, including the University of Texas at Dallas, Utrecht University, Aalto University, the University of Iceland, the Nanyang Technological University, the Australian National University, and the University of Lorraine. The Research Center has won three megagrants (a large research grant awarded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation), as well as dozens of Russian and International grants including Horizon 2020.
The Center has cutting-edge equipment for conducting high-level research in such fields as plasmonics, nonlinear optics, dielectric nanophotonics, sources of single photons and their applications.
Our researchers publish their works in high-impact scientific journals, including Nature Photonics, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Physical Review Letters, Laser & Photonics Reviews, Nanoscale, etc.
Our specific projects include:
- synthesis of MOFs;
- development of new strategies for MOFs nanostructuring;
- investigation nonlinear optical processes in MOFs, including excitonics.
- a PhD degree in physics or chemistry;
- a strong publication record in relevant fields: synthesis and characterization of new coordination polymers and metal-organic frameworks or investigation of coordination polymers and metal-organic frameworks as functional materials for chemistry and physics;
- good communication skills and work ethics;
- research experience in free-space laser optics, transmission and scanning electron microscopy, optical spectroscopy, and XRD will be an advantage.
Contacts: Evgenia Fedosovskaya, Recruiting Manager, +7 (911) 147 23 30, +7 (931) 538 01 70, email@example.com