Head of Learning & Teaching
Head of Learning & Teaching
Salary £65,000 - £78,000 per annum
Location Edinburgh / flexible
HEAD OF LEARNING & TEACHING
£65,000 - £78,000 per annum
SRUC is a unique organisation founded on world class and sector-leading research, education and consultancy. SRUC’s principal purpose is to advance education, science, research, environmental protection and improvement in the rural and land-based industries, both domestically and internationally.
Reporting to the Academic Director, the main purpose of the Head of Learning & Teaching role is to lead SRUC’s commitment to excellence in learning and teaching. In this role you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the strategic leadership of SRUC by being an integral member of SRUC’s Wider Leadership Team.
This role provides the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Deans of Faculty to develop and update SRUC’s learning and teaching strategy with a key focus, in collaboration with Faculty Deans, on income generation.
- To lead in SRUC Student recruitment activities in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
- To lead any possible submission to the Teaching Excellence Framework.
- To lead on SRUC’s journey to achieve degree awarding powers.
- To contribute to the SRUC goal of achieving university status.
- To develop learner pathways both within SRUC and in partnership with other institutions.
- To develop and validate new courses, in collaboration with Faculty Deans.
- To pursue his or her own teaching and/or research and contribute to SRUC’s teaching and/or research programmes.
- To implement SRUC health and safety management systems and policies and ensure effective arrangements with regard to employees, students and other individuals.
- To deputise for the Academic Director as and when required.
This role also provides the following general senior management responsibilities:
- To foster an environment and culture that delivers excellence in all activities and which includes:
- Investment in all staff and their career development via appropriate training and through annual Performance Review and Personal Development Plans (PDP).
- The setting, monitoring and achievement of targets for your area of responsibility and its staff.
- An inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, students and visitors.
- A collegial approach to delivering success.
- Provide regular and accurate management information and reports e.g. to the Academic Leadership Team, as and when required.
- To chair appointment panels for relevant appointments and serve on other appointment panels, as required.
- To carry out line management duties for direct reports.
- To identify and then manage underperformance.
- To undertake appeals/grievance/disciplinary issues as required.
- To contribute a learning & teaching perspective to the collegial development of SRUC.
Fuller details of this role including the requirements for consideration can be found in the downloadable Candidate Brief which can be accessed from our web page directly by clicking the apply button.
The closing date for all applications is midnight on 27 November 2018.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Please download and read the following information before proceeding with your application:
To apply for this role please CLICK HERE
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
27 November 2018