Ambulatory Care Nurse
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Coordinate care with other facilities
- Review obstetrical and family history of all newly pregnant patients.
- Patient education.
- Order labs and medications per practice standing orders/protocols
- Perform NSTs and report findings to provider.
- Answer triage calls process requests accordingly.
- Process in-basket triage requests.
- Maintain and monitor for clinic JCAHO compliance including teaching of staff as needed.
- Lead PI projects/committees.
- Function as Team Leader including resolving issues as they arise, maintaining clinic supplies and equipment, and coordinating staff coverage.
- Maintain API
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as delegated by nurse manager, provider, or health center administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of GYN procedures.
- Knowledge of OB standards of care.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level. Experience in an OB/GYN practice, Labor and Delivery Unit or postpartum unit preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. Must meet the Clinical Ladder requirements for CN III within one year of appointment.
- CMA 4
- PCT OR MA 1- 3.
- LPN 2- 4.
- SONOGRAPHER 1 5.
- RN 2
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 150 lbs. with aid of a wheelchair
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401513195
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (orhigher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At amanager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Auto req ID