Nurse Clinician, Pediatrics
The Nurse Clinician coordinates Clinical Practice and Clinical Program Services for the Med-Ped providers at Duke Health Center at Roxboro St.The Nurse Clinician manages a direct-care caseload to provide care to the urgent and complex care patient population.
- Coordinates Clinical Practice and Clinical Program Services; manages a direct-care caseload to provide care to patient populations identified by Duke Children’s Primary Care.
- Orders home health equipment and supplies for patients
- Coordinates Care and Assists Provider in Management of complex and chronically ill patients.
- Designs and Coordinates Education Programs for families and patients to assist with care outside of clinic
- Practice Development; Participates in various clinic committees to organize and improve patient care and serves as liaison between patients and providers to communicate needs and provide patient care
- Coordinates referrals to community resources for patients (CDSA, CC4C, Developmental Services, etc.)
- Telephone triage of complex patients and maintains clinic clinician in-basket
- Attends school meetings, court cases when summoned, and CPS care team meetings
- Assists providers with patient appointments in clinic
- Assists clinic social workers with patient needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of childhood and adult growth and development, childhood and adult illnesses, and well child standards.
- Strong skills in patient and family nursing assessment, patient and parent education, telephone advice, patient triage and effective communication skills with families and staff.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Graduation from an accredited R.N. program,BSN degree required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- At least three years demonstrated clinical expertise in Nursing Care, Primary Care, Parent Education and Telephone advice.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- NC Registered Nurse Licensure
Requisition Number 401513336
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 5151 NURSE CLINICIAN
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- BSN required
- 3 years of nursing experience required
Auto req ID