Job Code: 4451
Exemption: Exempt, Fixed-Term
Stanford’s Financial Management Services:
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and also one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.
Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of the Business Affairs Office consisting of six primary organization including procurement services. We are responsible for providing procurement services to the entire campus from procurement to payment.
Are you a strong team player who loves a challenge? Each day brings a new opportunity to help support our campus clients and do something new.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our team for a nine-month fixed term position with the opportunity for growth and expansion. You find a new challenge each day working with campus clients, suppliers, service provides, and many more teams around campus.
Your responsibilities include:
- Customer Support for campus clients for a wide range of procurement issues
- Manage and maintain purchasing marketplace platforms
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems and assist in the preparation of management reports.
- Support the purchasing team with ad-hoc data analysis, complex transaction problem solving, or project management
- Support spend management with data labeling and gaining insight into the broad spend across campus
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Advanced Proficiency in business applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Advanced knowledge with Oracle Financials and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting
- Knowledge of Jaggaer e-commerce platform
- Experience with Amazon Business platform
- User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literate
- Demonstrated communication skill including the ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communication information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to influence diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities
Our Preferred requirements include:
- Experience in the higher education field
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.