Manager of Sessional Engagement
- Play a pivotal role in supporting the engagement and management of our sessional staff
- HEW 7, $85,461 - $92,156 + 17% Super
- 12 months FTC, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
We are now seeking to fill the dynamic new position of Manager, Sessional Engagement to oversee and advise on the engagement of sessional staff for the Faculty of Business and Law.
In this role, your primary focus will be to provide guidance and support to Department Chairs, Course Directors, Unit Convenors and other Faculty staff responsible for the effective management of sessional staff. The Manager role will drive the implementation of a range of strategies to ensure the Faculty recruits sessional staff with the right combination of skills, experience and qualifications that meet various higher education and accreditation requirements in addition to their ability to create great student experiences.
Furthermore, your focus in this role will be on ensuring sessional staff have access to the right information, resources, training and professional development opportunities necessary for the delivery of high quality learning and teaching as valued members of the Faculty of Business and Law and the wider Swinburne community.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A strategic approach to organisational development in a University environment, including a strong appreciation of sector trends and challenges, and the role of academics, including sessional academic staff
- Demonstrated understanding of University policies, processes and accreditation requirements
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills to work with others to drive change in a University environment
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans - It can help you get the most value from what you earn
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and responses to key selection criteria as listed in the position description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Floran Shirzad on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5 pm, Tuesday 13th November 2018