Lecturer, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
3 days left
- Full Time
About the Positions
Due to growth and course redevelopment, the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences is seeking to appoint two outstanding candidates to Lecturer positions in Nutrition and Dietetics on an ongoing full-time basis. The appointee will have a completed a research doctorate, an emerging research track record, capacity to engage with industry partners, and potential to successfully contribute to established research programs within the School, Faculty or wider University. The appointee will also need to demonstrate capacity to teach into the School’s Nutrition and Dietetic undergraduate programs using a range of approaches. It is likely that this position will be engaged in teaching in the early years of the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics and Nutrition Science.
This position reports to the Discipline Lead, Nutrition and Dietetic Science, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences for supervision, workload management and for Performance Planning and Review (PPR).
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake research including publication in high quality peer reviewed journals and collaborate in submission of applications for research grants.
- Facilitate undergraduate teaching through the development and promotion of innovative teaching methods and materials.
- Coordinate and teach units across all levels of the programs.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment.
- Actively participate in unit and curriculum review and design.
- Supervise research students at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
- Effectively engage with industry partners and professional associations at state and national levels.
- Implement and administer University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
To be appointed as a Lecturer the successful applicant must meet the position classification standards outlined in the QUT Enterprise Agreement (Academic Staff).
Real World Capabilities
To deliver on QUT’s global, collaborative and connected vision requires a workforce that embodies the following capabilities:
Agility and openness to change
- Connectivity and collaboration (intra and inter-disciplinary)
- Cultural inclusion
- Digital literacy
- Future-focused thinking (strategic, innovative & design and entrepreneurial)
Global in intent and reach
- Leadership of strategy, action and others
- Performance and resource management
Type of appointment
Both Lecturer positions will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis.
Kelvin Grove campus.
- Completion of a doctoral or masters qualification in nutrition science and potential professional accreditation in a directly relevant discipline area. Applicants who are Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) will be preferred but others with strong food and nutrition science backgrounds will also be considered.
- A record of research including publication in high quality peer reviewed journals and collaboration in the submission of applications for research grants.
- Demonstrated teaching and learning experience in a relevant discipline area.
- Demonstration of excellence in undergraduate teaching through the development and promotion of innovative teaching methods and materials.
- Proven track record in unit coordination and supervision of students.
- Proven ability to contribute to a high performance and collaborative culture.
Remuneration and Benefits
The classification for this position is Academic Level B (LEVB) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD110,428 to $AUD131,147 pa. which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD93,313 to $AUD110,821 pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
We actively seek to attract and retain the best talent to the organisation, and in exceptional circumstances, the successful candidate may be granted a salary loading in addition to the above salary range.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. With competitive remuneration including superannuation, the University offers real and generous benefits.
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Reduced working year scheme Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development Salary Packaging
- Further benefits can be found at the Working at QUT page.
Information for applicants
Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact, Professor Remco Polman, Head of School, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences on +61 7 3138 6139; email: email@example.com or for further information about working at QUT contact the Human Resources Department on
+61 7 3138 4104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUT welcomes applications from candidates outside the greater Brisbane area. QUT may meet some travel and relocation expenses involved in the interview and employment commencing process.
QUT is proud to be an inaugural Athena SWAN charter member. We have extensive and established support programs for women in STEMM. For more information on the Athena SWAN charter, contact
Smitha Mandre-Jackson on +61 7 3138 0074 or Tracy Straughan +61 7 3138 1584.
Candidates who are interested in the position are encouraged to apply even though they may feel they are not strong on individual selection criteria.
In assessing merit, the panel will take into consideration “performance or achievement relative to opportunity”. We recognise that many staff today have a range of personal circumstances, and career histories that challenge traditional ideas of an academic staff member. This may mean, for example, prioritising the quality of achievement rather than the quantity, as considerations of part-time employment, career interruptions and significant periods of leave are taken into account when assessing performance or achievement.
The selection panel is also committed to conducting a process which is fair and free from bias, including unconscious bias.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference numbers 18830.
When applying for this position your application must include the following:
A current resume; and
A brief summary (1-2 pages) outlining 1 or 2 of your best examples which demonstrate your specific outcomes for each of the Selection Criteria.
Applications close: 19 November 2018