Lecturer, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
About the Position
The School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to a Lecturer position in Sport, Health and Physical Education (SHaPE) on a fixed-term, full-time basis. For this position we will be particularly interested in individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Skill Acquisition; Sports Coaching; Health, Physical Education; Curriculum, Pedagogy & Assessment. School HPE teaching and specific knowledge of the Australian HPE curriculum would be desirable but not essential.
This position reports to the Discipline Lead, Sport, Health and Physical Education, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences for supervision, workload management and for Performance Planning and Review (PPR).
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage in research activity including the submission of applications for research grants and publication in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Facilitate undergraduate teaching through the development and promotion of innovative teaching methods and materials
- Unit coordination.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment.
- Contribute to curriculum review and design.
- Supervision of research students at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
- Effectively engage with industry partners and professional associations at national/international levels.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
To be appointed as a Lecturer the successful applicant must meet the position classification standards outlined in the QUT Enterprise Agreement (Academic Staff).
Real World Capabilities
To deliver on QUT’s global, collaborative and connected vision requires a workforce that embodies the following capabilities:
Agility and openness to change.
- Connectivity and collaboration (intra and inter-disciplinary).
- Cultural inclusion.
- Digital literacy.
- Future-focused thinking (strategic, innovative & design and entrepreneurial).
Global in intent and reach.
- Leadership of strategy, action and others.
- Performance and resource management.
Type of appointment
This appointment will be offered on a fixed-term, full-time basis for two (2) years.
Kelvin Grove campus.
- Completion of a PhD qualification and/or professional accreditation in a directly relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated record of independent contribution to high impact. research/scholarship in an area that would enable links with existing research programs.
- Evidence of effective supervision of research students or clinical supervision of students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Proven ability to contribute to a high performance and collaborative culture.
- Proven ability to embed innovative approaches to learning and teaching, including curriculum design.
- Demonstrated success at developing internal and external partnerships that extend best practice and realize opportunities for teaching and research.
Remuneration and Benefits
The classification for this position is Academic Level B (LEVB) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD110,428 to $AUD131,147 pa. which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD93,313 to $AUD110,821 pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
We actively seek to attract and retain the best talent to the organisation, and in exceptional circumstances, the successful candidate may be granted a salary loading in addition to the above salary range.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. With competitive remuneration including superannuation, the University offers real and generous benefits.
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Reduced working year scheme. Parental leave provisions.
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance.
- Comprehensive professional development. Salary Packaging.
- Further benefits can be found at the Working at QUT page.
Information for applicants
Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Remco Polman, Head of School, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences on +61 7 3138 6139; or for further information about working at QUT contact the Human Resources Department, on +61 7 3138 4104.
QUT is proud to be an inaugural Athena SWAN charter member. We have extensive and established support programs for women in STEMM. For more information on the Athena SWAN charter, contact
Smitha Mandre-Jackson on +61 7 3138 0074 or Tracy Straughan +61 7 3138 1584.
Candidates who are interested in the position are encouraged to apply even though they may feel they are not strong on individual selection criteria.
In assessing merit, the panel will take into consideration “performance or achievement relative to opportunity”. We recognise that many staff today have a range of personal circumstances, and career histories that challenge traditional ideas of an academic staff member. This may mean, for example, prioritising the quality of achievement rather than the quantity, as considerations of part-time employment, career interruptions and significant periods of leave are taken into account when assessing performance or achievement.
The selection panel is also committed to conducting a process which is fair and free from bias, including unconscious bias.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 18826.
When applying for this position your application must include the following:
A current resume, including relevant publications.
A brief summary (1-2 pages) outlining 1 or 2 of your best examples which demonstrate your specific outcomes for each of the Selection Criteria.
Applications close 19 November 2018