Senior Lecturer in Sport Health and Physical Education
2 days left
- Full Time
About the Position
The School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to a Senior Lecturer position in Sport, Health and Physical Education (SHaPE) on an ongoing, full-time basis. For this position we will be particularly interested in individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Skill Acquisition; Sports Coaching; Health, Physical Education; Curriculum, and/or Pedagogy & Assessment. School health and physical education (HPE) teaching experience and specific knowledge of the Australian HPE curriculum would be desirable but not essential.
This position reports to the Discipline Lead, Sport, Health and Physical Education, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences for supervision, workload management and for Performance Planning and Review (PPR).
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in research as well as undertake high impact research including the submission of applications for research grants and publication in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Facilitate excellence in undergraduate teaching through the development and promotion of innovative teaching methods and materials.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment.
- Provide leadership in curriculum review and design.
- Course and unit coordination.
- Supervision of research students at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
- Effectively engage with industry partners and professional associations at national/international levels.
- Implement and administer University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
- To be appointed as a Senior Lecturer the successful applicant must meet the position classification standards outlined in the QUT Enterprise Agreement (Academic Staff).
Real World Capabilities
To deliver on QUT’s global, collaborative and connected vision requires a workforce that embodies the following capabilities:
Agility and openness to change.
- Connectivity and collaboration (intra and inter-disciplinary).
- Cultural inclusion. Digital literacy.
- Future-focused thinking (strategic, innovative & design and entrepreneurial).
Global in intent and reach.
- Leadership of strategy, action and others.
- Performance and resource management.
Type of appointment
The Senior Lecturer (Sport, Health and Physical Education) position will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis. Part-time appointment arrangements may be considered.
Kelvin Grove campus.
- Completion of a PhD qualification and/or professional accreditation in a directly relevant discipline.
- Record of independent contribution to high impact research/scholarship in an area that would enable links with existing research programs; and evidence of research leadership.
- Evidence of effective supervision of research students or supervision of students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a high performance and collaborative culture; and proven leadership that contributes to a high performance and collaborative culture.
- Demonstrated leadership in teaching and learning and curriculum development plus ability to facilitate excellence in teaching and learning. Proven track record in curriculum development, and proven ability to embed innovative approaches to learning and teaching, including curriculum design.
- Demonstrated success at developing internal and external partnerships that extend best practice and realize opportunities for teaching and research.
Remuneration and Benefits
The classification for this position is Academic Level C (LEVC) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD135,281 to $AUD156,007 pa. which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD114,314 to $AUD131,828 pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. With competitive remuneration and 17% superannuation, the University offers real and generous benefits.
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Reduced working year scheme Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development Salary Packaging
- Further benefits can be found at the Working at QUT page.
Information for applicants
Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact, Professor Remco Polman, Head of School, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences on +61 7 3138 6139; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information about working at QUT contact the Human Resources Department on +61 7 3138 4104 or email email@example.com.
QUT is proud to be an inaugural Athena SWAN charter member. We have extensive and established support programs for women in STEMM. For more information on the Athena SWAN charter, contact
Smitha Mandre-Jackson on +61 7 3138 0074 or Tracy Straughan +61 7 3138 1584.
Candidates who are interested in the position are encouraged to apply even though they may feel they are not strong on individual selection criteria.
In assessing merit, the panel will take into consideration “performance or achievement relative to opportunity”. We recognise that many staff today have a range of personal circumstances, and career histories that challenge traditional ideas of an academic staff member. This may mean, for example, prioritising the quality of achievement rather than the quantity, as considerations of part-time employment, career interruptions and significant periods of leave are taken into account when assessing performance or achievement.
The selection panel is also committed to conducting a process which is fair and free from bias, including unconscious bias.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 18829.
When applying for this position your application must include the following:
A current resume, including recent publications.
A brief summary (1-2 pages) outlining 1 or 2 of your best examples which demonstrate your specific outcomes for each of the Selection Criteria.
Applications close: 19 November 2018