Lecturer in Finance
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change.
The University has an international reputation for research excellence and we continue to build on our research strengths, engagement with industry and partnering with outstanding international universities
Our commitment to the Student Experience and positive outcomes for graduates is fundamental to all aspects of our learning and teaching.
Newcastle Business School is the larger of 2 schools within the Faculty of Business and Law. The School teaches offshore and in Sydney, Newcastle City, Online and Ourimbah.
Is NEW for you?
The Lecturer contributes to the delivery of the University’s Strategic Plan in the field of Business as a key member of the School providing excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement. The Lecturer combines sound academic research expertise with teaching experience, is expected to be a course coordinator, and is gaining recognition for their contribution to research, teaching, and postgraduate supervision, and is contributing to community engagement.
This role is ongoing, full time based at UON's Newcastle City campus.
What will you do?
- Demonstrate effective research skills, the establishment of a record of outputs/creative works in high-quality refereed journals/outlets, an active role in grant applications and evidence of emerging national recognition in a field of expertise.
- Demonstrate educational leadership in Teaching and Learning at the course level and contribute to the program level.
- Collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the University and its academic community by assisting the School to deliver a range of administrative functions including course coordination, governance and committee roles, and University activities/initiatives.
- A PhD in finance (applicants who have submitted their PhD thesis may also be considered).
- Demonstrated experience in finance trading lab
- Ability to deliver quality research outputs at a national level.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, delivery and review of courses and degree programs including the incorporation of contemporary
For a full job description visit:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at:
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration is from $95,351 to $113,231 pa + 17% super and is commensurate with experience.
Your Next Steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018