- Utilise your governance background to provide advice to stakeholders
- Provide executive support to University academic and corporate committees
- Two opportunities available - one continuing and one 12 month fixed-term contract
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Governance Directorate is responsible for oversight of the governance activities and responsibilities of Australian Catholic University Limited and ensures accountability, fairness and transparency in ACU’s interaction with its internal and external stakeholders.
As Governance Officer, you will provide efficient and effective high level executive and administrative support for Committees to ensure governance standards are met and regulatory requirements are fulfilled. You will:
- assume responsibility for governance committee meetings from inception to conclusion
- contribute to ensuring the governance processes of the University are effectively implemented
- interpret policy and other key documents in order to provide accurate advice
- interact with and support high calibre committee members
- support the maintenance of corporate records of the University.
You will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a relevant degree and extensive experience providing formal committee support, including preparation of formal agendas, minutes and other correspondence
- completion of, or commitment to obtain, a Certificate in Governance Practice or similar qualification
- excellent organisational and time management skills enabling efficient committee undertakings
- understanding of and responsiveness to policies, procedures and governance protocols.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $101,112 - $109,432 pa, including salary component $85,440- $92,471 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Michael Christodoulou, National Manager, Governance on 02 9465 9151 or Michael.Christodoulou@acu.edu.au.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 13 November 2018
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.