Lecturer, Nurse Practitioner
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine, Faculty of Health Sciences
Job No: TBC
Teaching Focussed Clinical Professional
Continuing, Part Time 0.6
$98,059 - $116,369 (ALB FTE) plus clinical allowance if applicable
In 2017, Curtin University climbed into the top 200 universities worldwide, placing it in the top one per cent of tertiary institutions in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius.
Teaching others to become nurses is perhaps the most rewarding path you could take. The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine delivers a range of innovative programs taught by leaders in the health industry, such as yourself. Thought-provoking theory, complimented by life-changing clinical experiences, creates an innovative and enriching working environment.
About the role
A rare opportunity exists for you as a Nurse Practitioner to supplement your current skill set in an innovative learning environment. You will:
- Determine the learning needs of students and provide teaching and learning support in the discipline of Nurse Practitioner.
- Supervise the program of study of honours/postgraduate students.
- Contribute to curriculum innovation and design.
You will bring to the role:
- A doctoral qualification or equivalent accreditation/professional standing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory/contemporary educational practise and an emerging record of scholarship in teaching.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and coordinating unit curriculum.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers an exciting career path including:
- Innovative work that will make real-world health differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For more details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal reconciliation, gender equity, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process; please advise us if you require access assistance.
Explore some more
For further details on any of these roles, please contact Associate Professor, Ravani Duggan on (08)9266 2055, R.Duggan@curtin.edu.au or CurtinCareers@curtin.edu.au.
Please apply below ensuring you specific the role that you are interested in within your cover letter.
Applications close: 5 pm, Tuesday 27th November 2018
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.