FMF, University Teacher of Meteorology
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS, Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana
1. POSITION: (D019001) University teacher of meteorology
(Reference number of public international job announcement: NG89443)
- POSITION: University teacher of meteorology
- Number of available positions: 1
- Position code: D019001
- Title code: 1, 2 or 3
- Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor of meteorology/atmospheric sciences
- Salary scale: IX
- Status: full-time.
- Type of contract: permanent.
- Start of employment: academic year 2019/2020.
2. CONDITIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- doctoral degree (PhD) in meteorology or atmospheric sciences,
- The title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor of meteorology at the University of Ljubljana,
- + or an equivalent title at a similar internationally recognised institution. In the latter case, the contract can be signed either after the equivalence of the titles has been officially recognised, or after the guest professor title has been awarded to the candidate, or after meeting the minimal quantitative and qualitative criteria for the appointment to the title (see the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenija, No 4/2017 and the Criteria for Appointment to the Titles of University Teacher, Researcher and Associate at the University of Ljubljana (Merila za volitve v nazive visokošolskih učiteljev, znanstvenih delavcev in sodelavcev Univerze v Ljubljani) from 25th October 2011 (including changes). In the latter case, the candidate has to submit the necessary documents for the recognition of the title (according to Article 157 of the Statutes UL) or full dossier (bibliography, biography, etc) proving that she/he meets the stated criteria for appointment to the title. A candidate has to enclose a statement that she/he agrees with the employment application to be considered also as an application for election to the title or for recognition of the title.
- knowledge of Slovenian language (if the selected candidate doesn't have the knowledge of Slovenian language, she/he has to gain it in three years from the employment starting date)
- rhetoric abilities,
- demonstrated teaching experience,
- a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, teach and mentor students,
- our department wishes to recruit a meteorologist or atmospheric scientist. We are seeking an inspired candidate with a proven international scientific reputation and who will develop a successful research program. We particularly welcome scientists with a broad spectrum of expertise of dynamical meteorology and numerical weather prediction and modelling,
- The selected candidate is expected to develop original research at the highest international level, to be able to coordinate a research group, to secure external (national or international - EU) funding, to have good pedagogical skills for teaching and the ability to initiate communication and outreach programs for the Faculty,
- We offer financial, technical and administrative support to initiate the research. The employment is available from October 1, 2019 onwards.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- organization of all activities related to the successful administration of assigned courses, following the prescribed syllabus and the state of the art in the topic area, coordination and supervision of other personnel involved with these courses (teaching assistants, technical personnel etc.),
- giving lectures, conducting seminars and other educational activities constituting assigned courses,
- preparation, supervision, administration, and grading of written and oral exams, homework, seminars, and term papers,
- direction of student research and other curricular activities, advising students in their thesis work on Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level,
- scientific research in meteorology/atmospheric sciences, development of new concepts, theories, and methods,
- obtaining funding from national and international granting agencies,
- participating in scientific conferences and appropriate professional service activities, publishing in appropriate refereed journals,
- other professional activities, related to meteorology/atmospheric sciences research and education (nostrifications, expert opinions, reviews, etc.).
4. JOB STARTING DATE: academic year 2019/2020
5. APLICATION DEADLINE: 60 days, until 28.12.2018.
University of Ljubljana promotes gender equality in employment and work.
- Cover letter.
- CV together with a full list of publications.
- up to ten scientific achievements, submitted together with a short introduction highlighting the relevance to the position profile.
- Two page outline of your relevant research and plans for research activity in the position (research statement).
- Copy of highest degrees/diploma.
- List of referees who can later be contacted directly by the selection committee. Recommendation letters are not obligatory now.
- other relevant documentation.
As an applicant you will be assessed by an expert selection committee and if this committee finds your application interesting, you will be invited to the interview.
Employment contract can only be concluded with a candidate who qualifies for the position.
6. CONTACT PERSON:
Tel.: 00386 1 4766 509;
More searches like this
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Slovenia
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Slovenia
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Slovenia
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Slovenia
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Slovenia