This position provides in-depth clinical pharmacy services to adult inpatient oncology patients. Oncology experience is highly preferred.
General Description of the Job Class
Provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients of the Duke University Health System including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems; ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations as well as proper storage and documentation. May also advise physicians on matters pertaining to drug usage and control; participate in the development and delivery of continuing education programs for Pharmacy, Patient Care Services, Medical Staff and students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This clinical pharmacist position plays a key role in the Clinical and Patient Care Services Division. While this position has many challenging responsibilities, the major areas are listed below:
- Provides in-depth clinical pharmacy services to adult inpatient oncology patients
- Maintains outstanding skills as a clinical pharmacy practitioner and consistently demonstrates the value of pharmacy services.
- Educates medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff about the management, prescribing and monitoring of therapies used in patient care area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to the Department of Pharmacy for area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in departmental and hospital committees and initiatives related to practice area.
- Contributes to student and resident education.
- Provides educational lectures and/or participates in research (Duke, State/Local, National).
- Works with peers to achieve division and departmental goals.
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Maintains familiarity with all departmental programs and works as integral part of the pharmacy team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Extensive knowledge of drug products, medical therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, and disease states.
- Ability to work with information systems, automated and technical equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with various members of health care teams
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level N/A
Requisition Number 401511107
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5079 CLINICAL PHARMACIST
Job Family Level I2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Doctor of Pharmacy DegreeORBS Pharmacy Degree
With a BS Pharmacy degree, two years of pharmacy practice experience, oracceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited residencyprogram and demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes ina similar environment is required.With Doctor of Pharmacy degree, no experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Auto req ID