Admin Assistant Associate Healthcare
- Support all clinical and administrative support activities of a clinical department office. Duties include:
- Primarily responsible for answering and triaging all calls and inquiries from the patients, families, and referring providers; scheduling new patient appointments by utilizing Cadence/MiChart scheduling system
- Acting as an administrative partner for the assigned faculty members, provide general administrative support to the faculty members. Duties may include supply ordering, meeting and interview coordination, calendar planning, clinical schedule optimization, travel/hosting arrangement, Concur expense reporting, and other administrative support duties that are essential to enhance the faculty's productivity
- Support faculty and clinic providers for their patient care and clinical schedule needs
- Maintain patient records via online and paper document
- Prepare records for clinic and process medical records after clinic. Obtain, document, and relay test results to physicians and nurses
- Actively participate in maintenance of clinical schedules by utilizing electronic medical records
- Participate in the development and implementation of ongoing process improvement projects and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Division Director and Administrator
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of clinical and administrative support experience in an academic medical center environment
- Experience and proficiency in utilizing computer and a variety of software programs in business application
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the medical terminology
- Clinical and administrative support experience is necessary
- Ability to utilize a variety of information storage and retrieval system is necessary
- General knowledge of office equipment utilization including fax, scanner, printer, and copier
- External candidates must successfully pass the University required employment tests
- Effective oral and written communication skills with external customers and team members at all levels of the organization
- Must be ethical, professional and team-oriented with proven record of sound decision making within the prescribed authority and job duties
- Ability to maintain focus with multiple priorities and tasks at hand concurrently
- Proven experience engaging in quality improvement initiatives within own area of responsibility
- The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of professional and personal growth within a consistent career path
- Proven ability to represent the unit, as a first line of contact with the external customers, in a professional and positive manner
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, follow through with directions and meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive demeanor and composure
- Relevant and current experience of patient care support in academic medical center setting
- Knowledge of UMHS patient intake workflow
- Proficiency with multi-line phone
- Understanding of University policies, rules and regulations
Required work hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Occasional flexibility of work hours during work week may be necessary as determined by patient care support needs. This is a 40 hour/week, full time position.
A successful candidate will possess a learning mindset, i.e., be motivated to grow within the division both in breadth and depth of responsibility and have the drive to engage in a wide variety of clinical support and administrative duties. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop clinical and administrative skillsets and grow with the division. The work environment is team oriented; continuous quality improvement is an integral part of our daily work flow. If you seek challenging responsibilities in a collaborative team setting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.