Administrative Assistant Intermediate Healthcare
Clinical Engineering Services is seeking a highly talented, professional, positive and energetic Administrative Assistant Senior to support the Clinical Engineering management team and departmental staff. The candidate should be able to exercise initiative, independent judgement and thoroughness; and do so with a service oriented attitude. The applicant must take pride in their work product and value their colleagues and co-workers.
- The applicant will maintain management team calendars, schedule meetings and appointments (including arrangements for room locations), in an organized and timely manner to maximize the efficiency of our team.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Clinical Engineering management and staff.
- Take meeting minutes and provide written reports from those meetings.
- Prepare, reconcile and process expense reports and other reimbursements.
- Payroll/timekeeping for the department, including maintaining confidential employee records.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Analyze data and develop presentations using standard software for Clinical Engineering. Assist in maintaining the content of the AIMs database.
- Other duties will include, but not be limited to, procurement of goods/services using M-Pathways, reconciling P-card statements, providing backup for administrative team members in the call center as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- High school education or the equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of progressively more responsible administrative assistant experience is required. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a team oriented, fast-paced work environment with a proven track record of promoting professional relationships.
- Abilty to work independently, with minimal supervision, and be capable of analyzing complex information requests.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are mandatory.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Outlook (email, calendar support and scheduling), Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is necessary.
- Comfort and experience delivering excellent customer service, attention to detail, along with superior organizational and time management skills are required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.