Patient Services Intermediate
In partnership with ABCC Patient Flow and Admission Triage Coordinators, provide accurate and timely data entry into systems, screen and manage incoming phone calls. Support communication with referring customers. Facilitate lines of communication between flow coordinators, triage coordinator and patient care units to ensure seamless admission and patient flow process. Consistently demonstrate effective high level customer service.
- Provide excellent customer service and effective communication with teams members, other departments and external customer.
- Provide accurate and timely follow-up with staff, patients and families
- Process accurate and timely admissions as requested
- Reschedule or cancel admissions as requested
- Screen and manage incoming phone calls
- Patient placement in accordance with placement guidelines, fill algorithms and in collaboration with patient flow coordinators as needed
- Provide accurate data entry into EM tracker for Region@ South Emergency Notification System
- Verify census and update discrepancies in associated systems (Epic,PreAdmit Tracking) to ensure real-time status for all patients
- Ensure bed tracking systems reflect real-time, accurate status for all patients and bed status
- Provide status report and ongoing issue update at shift change
- Coordinate coverage issues with co-workers and take the necessary steps to make sure there is appropriate staffing.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and produce detailed and accurate work.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work successfully within a team and also independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills (especially in Epic, Skype for Business and Interaction Client).
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to assess and handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with considerable discretion and independent judgement.
- Demonstrated positive work ethic and strong sense of teamwork/problem solving with co-workers.
- Demonstrated team spirit, initiative and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with team members, medical staff, patients and families.
- Experience facilitating patient placement.
- Working knowledge of Epic, Skype for Business and Interaction Client.
- Ability to understand and articulate medical terminology.
- Understanding of University policies and procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.