Mechanical Design Engineer, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate
Engineering & Applied Science
Salary: £26,000 depending on your experience plus personal development budget of £2K p.a
Contract Type: Fixed Term (36 month contract)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Friday 30 November 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to develop and implement a Knowledge Based Engineering approach to the design and specification of Furnaces for the Aluminum industry , through the application of design tools and algorithms to deliver design automation. You will work with staff across Mechatherm to assess the viability of proposed solutions.
This position is a 36 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Candidate Profile: You will have a min. 2.1 Bachelor’s level degree in Mechanical or Design Engineering with the ambition to work toward CEng status. Ideally you will have some knowledge and interest in computer programming/software engineering and the desire to gain valuable experience in the automation of design. Industrial experience gained through either placement role or previous employment in a mechanical design environment would be an advantage.
- Ability to use 3D CAD & modelling software - ideally Autodesk Inventor or comparable CAD packages e.g. Catia/NX/SolidWorks/Creo.
- Knowledge/experience of design engineering processes and their automation for efficient use within information management systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of computer programming/software engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills to take project ownership and achieve agreed objectives.
- Self motivated & confident with good persuasion & negotiation skills
- Fit in with the organisational culture and present a positive image of the company to clients.
The Company: Mechatherm International Ltd is a world leading company specialising in the design, supply and commissioning of furnaces & casthouse equipment for the global Aluminium industry. Supplying some of the largest furnaces in the world, they are forward thinking, growing and encourage staff development and career progression.
To find out more please visit http://mechatherm.com
Aston University: You will work in a project team from Mechanical Engineering + Design and Computer Science departments based in The School of Engineering and Applied Science, which undertakes cutting-edge multidisciplinary research with real impact.
Location: You will be based predominantly at Mechatherm in Kingswinford, but will also have access to facilities at Aston University in central Birmingham. Some travel to key clients may also be required.
About KTP: This is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Mechatherm International Limited and Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure this position. To learn more please visit www.aston.ac.uk/ktp