Lecturer in Environment and Health
Deadline 22 Nov 2018
Start date negotiable
Dean of Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is opening academic positions of LECTURER (IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH)
Deadline for application: November 22, 2018
Anticipated start date: upon agreement
Research profile: Established Researcher (R2-R3)
Workplace: The Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX), Brno, Czech Republic
Eligible applicants must have:
- The Ph.D. degree in the field of Chemistry, Ecotoxicology, Biochemistry or equivalent;
- Experience with teaching in Bc. and Mgr. programs in these fields;
- Experience in leading bachelor's and master's theses;
- The hands on experience in the research activities and publication of research results.
We expect candidates to prove their ability in
- Independent management of lectures, seminars and practical exercises in the mentioned fields in Czech and English including preparation of documents,
- Leading and opposing bachelor and master theses and consulting specific parts of doctoral theses, including related administrative activities,
- Good communication with students of all levels in both Czech and English,
- Involvement in projects, including preparation of project proposals, interim and final reports,
- Presentation of research results and publishing activities.
- An International multidisciplinary team engagement in highly ambitious projects;
- Various opportunities for further education, training and growth of the expertise;
- A professional team and a modern, pleasant working environment;
- Possibility of applying for prestigious grants with support of our Ground Office;
- Competitive salary and target driven bonuses;
- 8 weeks of paid vacation per year (Contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, etc.).
Applications and selection process:
Applications should include: curriculum vitae, a cover letter, copy of the Ph.D. diploma, summary of scientific achievements, citations.
Applications should be submitted via electronical application on the web page of Masaryk University or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Mgr. Lenka Helclová, Centrum pro výzkum toxických látek v prostředí, Kamenice 753/5, A29, 625 00 Brno.