Section Head of Events
Department Name Communications and Public Relations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of the organizing event team.
- Supervise and manage the general calendar of events or logistics of the University, notify all relevant components, set timetables and maintain technical tables and other relevant ones.
- Identify responsibilities and roles for timely completion of event requirements.
- Consult with the CPA Director and Section Head of Branding and Creative Services about the required designs for the events.
- Consult with the Section Head of the Media and Publications about media coverage of events.
- Ensure that the standards and guidelines of Qatar University's brand are implemented in the event.
- Consult with the Section Head of Marketing and Advertising about advertising campaigns in the events.
- Follow-up of the hospitality requirements implemented by the Protocol, Visits and Hospitality Section.
- Cooperate with the Section Head of Protocol, Visits and Hospitality to arrange all requirements for senior guests.
- Ensure that simultaneous interpretation is available in consultation with the Section Head of Translation and Interpretation.
- Supervise the provision of technological, audio and visual requirements in consultation with ITS Department.
- Request feedback from the event owner and staff as well as participants and attendees after the event.
- Prepare a report on the number of participants, the level of event impact, commitment to resources required, level of public satisfaction, success and commitment to the program.
- Prepare a detailed outline of the event and its agenda, a list of tasks, rehearsals and facilities required and the extent to which the activities are consistent with the policies of Qatar University and the management of events.
- Oversee the organization of events involving international relations.
- Collaborate with the colleges, departments and centers at the university and advise them to organize events.
- Perform all other duties as required.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic