Research Officer in Cell Physiology
Classification: ANU Officer 5/6 (Research)
Salary package: $70,078 – $82,651 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed Term (2 years)
- Contribute to projects focused on the investigation of malaria parasite transport proteins as drug targets and resistance mediators.
- Further develop your skills in cell physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology and laboratory management.
- Join a focused team in a flexible work environment.
We are a newly established group at the Australian National University. We work on multiple projects concerning drug action and resistance in the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Our main avenues of research involve the identification and characterisation of parasite transport proteins that have potential as drug targets, the development of screening assays to discover small molecule inhibitors of parasite transport processes, and the elucidation of drug resistance mechanisms in the parasite.
The Research Officer will provide comprehensive support on a diverse range of research activities relating to antimalarial drug action and resistance. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with experience in cell culturing (preferably the culture of Plasmodium falciparum parasites), biochemical experiments, and basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, gel electrophoresis).
The position is based in the Division of Biomedical Science and Biochemistry, within the Research School of Biology.
ANU offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, generous superannuation, and salary packaging arrangements, which include on campus childcare.
ANU is an inaugural member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot Program that aims to address gender equity in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
For more information about the position, please contact Dr Adele Lehane,
Closing Date: 11 November 2018
Position Description: ANUO56 Research Officer AL.docx
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.