Lecturer - Teaching and Research (Human Biology)
6 days left
- Full Time
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences
Job No: TBA
5 years fixed term, full time (potential for continuing after 3 years)
$98,059 - $116,369 (ALB) + 17% Superannuation
In 2017, Curtin University climbed into the top 200 universities worldwide, placing it in the top one per cent of tertiary institutions in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius.
Academic staff from the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences actively contribute to the development and delivery of Curtin University’s new Medical School curricula as well as several other health-related disciplines in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Your new role
The School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences is seeking a Lecturer in Human Biology (Teaching and Research Academic role). With your expertise in Anatomy/Physiology or a closely related human biology discipline, you will:
- Educate students in a wide range of health-related and science-based courses.
- Develop new learning materials, curriculum and offer innovative contributions to assessment creation.
- Supervise research for honours/postgraduate research students and acquisition of external research funds.
You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated capability of high quality tertiary teaching in the human biology discipline.
- An established track record consistent with the Curtin Expectations for Academic Performance is required.
- Evidence of a research program that will be applicable to the School.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- Conducting innovative work that will make real-world differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action
At Curtin, we are committed to aboriginal reconciliation, gender equity, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process; please advise us if you require access assistance.
Explore some more
For further information please contact Professor Elizabeth Watkin 08 9266 2955 or email E.Watkin@curtin.edu.au.
Applications close: 5pm on Tuesday, 27th November 2018.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.