Assistant Professor in Animal Husbandry
The position is responsible to the Dean, through the Head of Department, Animal Husbandry and HOS, School of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
The appointee will be required to teach Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, developing undergraduate programmes, producing research publications and undertaking consultancy activities in the area of expertise in the region. All activities related to teaching such as regular review of courses, upgrade of equipment and resources, development of new programmes should be carried out in a professional manner. Activities associated with tutorials, lecturing, exam paper preparation, and marking are to be implemented in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University.
- PhD in Animal Breeding, Ruminant Nutrition, or Reproductive Physiology.
- Research Active.
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
Base salary of FJD $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation
College of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry
Department of Veterinary Science