Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Perform electrochemical corrosion, pitting and hydrogen generation testing on advanced pipeline steels
- Study the impact of cathodic potential and temperature on diffusible hydrogen content using electrochemical hydrogen permeation and thermal desorption.
- A PhD degree in Materials Engineering or a closely related discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in corrosion and degradation of structural materials. The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group.
- A superior academic performance and publication record
- The position will also require independent work in addition to collaborative skills and creative thinking. In addition, good oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Considerable knowledge of materials science and corrosion.
- Tests and data analyses on mechanical and electrochemical corrosion behavior of metallic materials.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement