Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
A postdoctoral position is currently available in the Process Systems Engineering Laboratory at the Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate will develop models, theory, and algorithms for large scale optimization problem in the fields of the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries as well as in the area of supply chain management. The candidate will address the challenge of designing and managing chemical and biochemical processes in a sustainable and safe way through the incorporation of environmental impact assessment tools, life-cycle analysis, sustainability metrics, and inherent safety concepts.
Candidates should have a PhD in chemical engineering (or related area) with expertise in mathematical programming (mixed-integer, non-convex and stochastic programming) and process simulation. Relevant background in petroleum refining, petrochemicals, and gas processing is a significant advantage. There are tremendous opportunities for research collaboration with industrial stakeholders, as well as the affiliated universities such as University of Waterloo and University of Central Florida.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Good knowledge of and research experience in process optimization and simulation
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good track record of research publications
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Chemical Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates