Associate Professor in Biomedical Science
SALARY RANGE: $139,700 to $153,659 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Professor in Biomedical Science will be responsible for teaching, undertaking research, publishing and attracting research funding in the area of biomedical science with specialisation in human genetics, including genomics.
This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership within
- their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including emerging recognition as a public intellectual.
- Contributing to the leadership of major research projects, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating distinguished scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes
- (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) at the national level, with evidence of an emerging international reputation.
- Contributing to the leadership towards the implementation of the University’s Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field of Biomedical Science/Human Genomics, relative to opportunity.
- A record of excellent achievement in teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with professional associations and with domestic and overseas educational institutions and industry and engage in external service activities.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Margaret Leigh Ackland, Tel: +61 3 9251 7036, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefitsTO APPLY
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne