Lecturer in Marine Microbiology
SALARY: $95,488 to $112,940 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The lecturer in Marine Microbiology will be required to teach into general microbiology, and areas relevant to the research of the School, including marine and freshwater ecology, fish health, soil microbiology microbial genomics and food production, and undertake research and publish in an area of environmental microbiology corresponding to their expertise
This will include:
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity.
- Making a contribution to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin's curriculum framework.
- Contributing to successful development of research programs or partnerships.
- PhD in a relevant field
- Proven research activity in marine or environmental microbiology relevant to the research directions of the School, including a sound record in publishing in highly ranked academic journals, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people including students, the staff of the Faculty and the School and with other members of the University.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Chris Austin, Head of School, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Tel +61 3 9251 7611, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.