Senior Lecturer in Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Management
6 days left
- Full Time
- Teaching and Research role in Occupational Health, Safety & Environment
- Seeking leadership potential and the capacity to make strategic contributions
- Full-time, continuing position located at Brisbane (preferred), North Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty is staffed by a dedicated, nationally and internationally recognised team of academics whose teaching is supported by their active involvement in relevant industries, professional associations or links to eminent international business and law schools. Teaching staff have an established research record with a commitment to conducting research in innovative and demand-driven areas. We emphasise the ethical, social and environmental duties of the modern business leader and lawyer, with our courses having a strong practical component through community engagement, pro bono work and internships.
The Peter Faber Business School consists of national teams organised by function, rather than by discipline. The position of Senior Lecturer has substantial leadership opportunity across the full range of academic activities and actively contributes to the Managing People and Organisations program in the Peter Faber Business School. As Senior Lecturer you will be expected to make a significant contribution to the School and University consistent with the ACU Strategic Plan, including an active contribution to the research agenda of the School and Faculty.
The role of Senior Lecturer will include:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate units via online delivery, face to face and in mixed mode delivery
- Course Coordination and Course change implementation and leadership in OHSE
- Assisting with the provision of work integrated learning and industry relevant experience for students studying OHSEM
- Contribute to the research intensification strategy of the University through publications in high quality research outlets.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A doctoral qualification in OHSE or relevant discipline
- Significant learning and teaching profile in higher education, including experience in online delivery
- A developing profile of research into practices of teaching, learning and curriculum development, including publications, presentations and workshops
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $145,702 - $158,187 pa, including salary component $123,300 - $133,971 pa (Academic Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Susan Dann, Head, Peter Faber School of Business on (07) 3623 7851.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 October 2018 at 11.55pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.
Applications close: 31 Oct 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time