Senior Lecturer in Chemical Data Science
Faculty of Science
The School of Chemical Sciences at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, invites applications for the position of Senior Lecturer in Chemical Data Science.
- The successful candidate will coordinate, lecture, and supervise laboratories in our undergraduate and postgraduate chemistry courses, including courses with a chemical data science focus
- You will also develop a research programme applying chemical data science to problems of importance to New Zealand and with global impact
Who we are looking for?
- The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in chemistry, or a closely related field, with postdoctoral experience in chemometrics or chemical data science
- Ideally, you will have experience lecturing in chemical data science at postgraduate or undergraduate level
- You will have research experience in chemical applications of data science
- Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated ability to engage with industry and external funding sources
Work with us
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand's leading University, and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world's most livable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks' annual leave, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
Review of applications will begin week commencing 3rd December 2018.
Applicants should provide a CV, statement of research and teaching experience and philosophy, and the names of at least three referees. These documents must be combined as one single document.
Enquiries may be made to Associate Professor Gordon Miskelly, Head of School, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications close Sunday, 2 December 2018.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.